Local File System Harvesting¶
This harvester will harvest metadata as XML files from a filesystem available on the machine running the GeoNetwork server.
Adding a Local File System harvester¶
The figure above shows the options available:
Site - Options about the remote site.
- Name - This is a short description of the filesystem harvester. It will be shown in the harvesting main page as the name for this instance of the Local Filesystem harvester.
- Directory - The path name of the directory containing the metadata (as XML files) to be harvested.
- Recurse - If checked and the Directory path contains other directories, then the harvester will traverse the entire file system tree in that directory and add all metadata files found.
- Keep local if deleted at source - If checked then metadata records that have already been harvested will be kept even if they have been deleted from the Directory specified.
- Icon - An icon to assign to harvested metadata. The icon will be used when showing harvested metadata records in the search results.
Options - Scheduling options.
Harvested Content - Options that are applied to harvested content.
- Apply this XSLT to harvested records - Choose an XSLT here that will convert harvested records to a different format.
- Validate - If checked, the metadata will be validated after retrieval. If the validation does not pass, the metadata will be skipped.
Privileges - Assign privileges to harvested metadata.
- in order to be successfully harvested, metadata records retrieved from the file system must match a metadata schema in the local GeoNetwork instance